Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric Carlson <er...@group-technical.com> on 2004/10/06 14:39:56 UTC

JBuilder 2005 has snv support - but is it local only?

JB2005 Ent trial now available for download from
http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_jbuilder.html.
Great - especially when you go to the "Team" menu and see subversion
there! But when I try to configure it I'm asked for the Subversion
home directory and the Config directory. I've neither on my laptop
running TortoiseSVN to access all my remote respositories ;-)

Am I reading this right and it really does need a local svn
installation?

Re: JBuilder 2005 has snv support - but is it local only?

Posted by François Beausoleil <fb...@ftml.net>.

Eric Carlson wrote:
> JB2005 Ent trial now available for download from
> http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_jbuilder.html.
> Great - especially when you go to the "Team" menu and see subversion
> there! But when I try to configure it I'm asked for the Subversion
> home directory and the Config directory. I've neither on my laptop
> running TortoiseSVN to access all my remote respositories ;-)

Is it asking for the *repository home*, or the *installation home* ?  If
it's the installation home, download a Subversion client for Windows,
and run "svn help" from the command line.  You'll then be able to point
JBuilder to your install home, and the config home (which will be in
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Subversion)

Hope that helps !
François