Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Giampaolo Tomassoni <g....@libero.it> on 2006/12/18 18:00:38 UTC

ORDB.org is shutting down

See: http://www.ordb.org/news/?id=38

Does SA uses it somewhere somehow by default?

Regards,

Giampaolo

Re: [OT] Re: ORDB.org is shutting down

Posted by Matthias Leisi <ma...@leisi.net>.

Re: [OT] Re: ORDB.org is shutting down

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:16:43 +0100, Emmanuel Lesouef
<el...@zubrowka.org> wrote:

>Thanks Ian, I didn't know rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net. I therefore added
>rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org as I'm outside of Janet.
>
>This gives me for my postfix based installlation :
>
>reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org,
>reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
>reject_rbl_client rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org,
>reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
>reject_rbl_client dnsbl.sorbs.net
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Ian Eiloart a écrit :
>>

>> --On 19 December 2006 18:01:31 +0100 Emmanuel Lesouef
>> <el...@zubrowka.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I was using it but with postfix checking sender restrictions.
>>>
>>> I think it is not used in SA but by mail servers.
>>>
>>> Anyone got a replacement ?
>>>

>> We've been using this list of RBLs:
>>    sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
>>    list.dsbl.org
>>    rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net
>>    relays.ordb.org
>>
>> In that order, and get just a few emails a day that get as far as the
>> last check, with tens of thousands rejected by the earlier tests.

I thought sbl-xbl used cbl as well? Is using them twice a waste of
resource?

Nigel

[OT] Re: ORDB.org is shutting down

Posted by Emmanuel Lesouef <el...@zubrowka.org>.

--
Emmanuel Lesouef

Re: ORDB.org is shutting down

Posted by Ian Eiloart <ia...@sussex.ac.uk>.

<el...@zubrowka.org> wrote:

> I was using it but with postfix checking sender restrictions.
>
> I think it is not used in SA but by mail servers.
>
> Anyone got a replacement ?

We've been using this list of RBLs:
    sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
    list.dsbl.org
    rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net
    relays.ordb.org

In that order, and get just a few emails a day that get as far as the last
check, with tens of thousands rejected by the earlier tests.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex

Re: ORDB.org is shutting down

Posted by Emmanuel Lesouef <el...@zubrowka.org>.

--
Emmanuel Lesouef

Re: ORDB.org is shutting down

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:
> See: http://www.ordb.org/news/?id=38
>
> Does SA uses it somewhere somehow by default?

It may have in the past, but I don't see any reference other than a few
dangling translated "description" entries in my 2.64 installs.

-kgd

Re: ORDB.org is shutting down

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:
> See: http://www.ordb.org/news/?id=38
>
> Does SA uses it somewhere somehow by default?
>
> Regards,
>
> Giampaolo

Doing a grep through the rules, I don't see it anywhere. MailScanner
will use it by default. I have posted the news over on their list. Kind
of short notice.