Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ryan agler <ry...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/10 22:57:01 UTC

[users@httpd] The new mod_dbd with mod_rewrite

I have a great feature idea for utilizing the new database
functionality in Apache 2.2, and am looking for ideas of where to
start.

The ability to have a RewriteMap that queries a database and supports
"connection pooling in threaded MPMs".  I haven't really seen anything
that utilizes mod_dbd yet, so this would be the logical next step.

For example, something like:
RewriteMap	vhost	int:sqlselect
RewriteCond	${sqlselect:SELECT docroot FROM vhosts WHERE
vhostname=%{HTTP_HOST}}  ^(/.*)$
RewriteRule	^/(.*)$   %1/$1

I have accomplished this functionality with "RewriteMap	 vhost
prg:/path/to/sqlQueryScript.pl", but using this method isn't good in
cases where you have many simultaneous requests (because the requests
get serialized).

Does anyone have any ideas or examples of code using mod_dbd?