Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by NNever <nn...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/06 03:32:47 UTC

determine whole-row delete in Coprocessor.preDelete

Dear all,

when trigger a preDelete in Coprocessor, is there any possible to determine
this Delete is going to remove a row ( not just a family or qualifier, but
the whole row)?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
nn

Re: determine whole-row delete in Coprocessor.preDelete

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM, NNever <nn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> when trigger a preDelete in Coprocessor, is there any possible to determine
> this Delete is going to remove a row ( not just a family or qualifier, but
> the whole row)?
>
> Thanks so much!

I'd doubt it, not w/o holding a row lock and doing a Get and
compare.... even then, row could change after you come out of the
preDelete (unless row lock is help while we go into preDelete... I
haven't checked).

St.Ack

Re: determine whole-row delete in Coprocessor.preDelete

Posted by NNever <nn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks J-D,
but i check the source,  in  HRegion.delete, there are some codes like this:

public void delete(){
prepareDelete(delete);  //  here will check if Delete has no columnfamily,
it will reset it's all columnFamilies.
internalDelete(...);  //  Coprocessor.preDelete triggered here

}

As the codes shows here, the 'no columns are specified' Delete will be
modifid to 'full columns specified' Delete before Cp.preDelete triggered.
So i stll get no way to find out if a Delete is going to delete a full
row...

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.