Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 15:57:40 UTC

REST or Thrift or something else?

Hi HBase users,

Which is the more popular protocol for client applications to connect to
HBase?  Is it REST, Thrift, or something else?  Thanks in advance for any
feedback,

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)

Re: REST or Thrift or something else?

Posted by Joshua Napoli <jn...@swipely.com>.
Why are you moving away from the REST interface?

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@ngmoco.com>.

Posted by Joshua Napoli <jn...@swipely.com>.

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
I would hazard a guess that the Java client is the most utilized, followed
by REST and Thrift.  But if your client application isn't in Java then the
Java client obviously won't work.