Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Will Peterson <wp...@novell.com> on 2004/09/15 22:14:31 UTC

Logging output to another file

Can someone please give me some pointers on how to send my output to
another file?

Currently I use the following which logs to the console:

         Logger logger = new ConsoleLogger( ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_INFO);
         driver.setLogger( logger );
         MessageHandler.setScreenLogger( logger );

I have tried to making the following changes (In order to re-direct to
a file), but am not having any success:

         Logger logger = new ConsoleLogger( ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_INFO);
         driver.setLogger( logger );
         MessageHandler.setScreenLogger( logger );
         MessageHandler.setOutputMethod(MessageHandler.FILE);
         MessageHandler.setLogfileName("/my_output_file.log", false);

One thing I don't understand is how the MessageHandler is related to
the "logger" (above) ... Is there a good example of how to do this that
anybody is aware of?

Thanks for any help,

- Will