Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/12 17:11:53 UTC

CloudStack 4.2 KVM - backup VM

Hello,
my question is kind of generic,  what would be the best why to backup a VM?
if server gets corrupted or unable to book I can restore to previous
backup?

Thanks,

Re: CloudStack 4.2 KVM - backup VM

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

Filesystem snapshots could be handy, if you use LVM for your HV filesystems you can take snapshots of them and back them up.
If you are after a commercial solution, Idera comes to mind, they can also do snapshots and enable bare metal recovery.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro