Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Rob Tallis <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/16 15:16:47 UTC

Re: 1.5 - how to build rpm; cdh3u4;

Dragging the rpm question up again, the instruction to create an rpm from
source was *mvn clean package -P native,rpm*

>From a fresh clone, on both trunk and 1.5 I get:

*[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:rpm-maven-plugin:2.1-alpha-2:attached-rpm (build-bin-rpm)
on project accumulo: Unable to copy files for packaging: You must set at
least one file. -> [Help 1]*

and I can't decipher the build setup to figure this out. What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks, Rob

Re: 1.5 - how to build rpm; cdh3u4;

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Not to the extent that I've just stated, but the instructions for
rebuilding everything are somewhat self-documented in the
assemble/build.sh convenience script.

There is a ticket open to improve the README in 1.6 (ACCUMULO-1515)
and the discussion has centered around including instructions for
building.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii