Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jens Rapp <Te...@gmx.de> on 2007/11/12 14:02:55 UTC

is maven able to prompt for data?

hey there,
is it possible to make maven prompt for input? e.g. i don't want to have password data in my pom.xml.

bye
Jens

Re: is maven able to prompt for data?

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
You can also use the plexus command line utils:
http://plexus.codehaus.org/plexus-utils/
http://plexus.codehaus.org/plexus-utils/apidocs/index.html

I think that's what the release plugin is using.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 12 November 2007, Jens Rapp wrote:
> well, i use a self-written plugin. do i have to implement this by
> myself or is there an interface in your api?

Oh.  No.   Just use System.in/System.out.     That's all the GPG plugin
uses.

Dan

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
> > Datum: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:14:51 -0500
> > Von: Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
> > An: dev@maven.apache.org
> > CC: "Jens Rapp" <Te...@gmx.de>
> > Betreff: Re: is maven able to prompt for data?
> >
> > On Monday 12 November 2007, Jens Rapp wrote:
> > > hey there,
> > > is it possible to make maven prompt for input? e.g. i don't want
> > > to have password data in my pom.xml.
> >
> > SOMETIMES it can, SOMETIMES it cannot.    We're working on the
> > "cannot" cases as we find them.   Definitely log bugs if you find
> > them.
> >
> > For example:
> > The GPG plugin will prompt for passwords and such just fine if it's
> > part of a normal build.   However, due to the way older versions of
> > the release plugin (haven't checked the latest version, we did put
> > some fixes in a little while ago.   I don't know if they were before
> > or after the last release) forked the background processes to do the
> > release processes, the IO was not properly redirected back so the
> > prompting didn't work.
> >

> > --
> > J. Daniel Kulp
> > Principal Engineer