Posted to commits@jackrabbit.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2017/10/16 06:49:52 UTC

[Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Oakathon November 2017" by MichaelDürig

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.

The "Oakathon November 2017" page has been changed by MichaelDürig:
https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Oakathon%20November%202017?action=diff&rev1=6&rev2=7

  ||Marcel Reutegger  ||	13. - 16.   ||
  ||Matt Ryan         ||  13. - 16.   ||
  ||Angela Schreiber  ||  13. - 16.   ||
+ ||Michael Dürig     ||  13. - 16.   ||

  = Topics/Discussions/Goals =
  || Title        || Summary                 || Effort                      || Participants                           || Proposed by ||
@@ -17, +18 @@

  ||Providing JCR node information at blob creation time||The JCR specification defines that values are created via 'ValueFactory.createBinary(stream)' (section 10.4.3.2).  This is carried forward into the DataStore interface, wherein the addRecord() method takes only an input stream and has no JCR node information related to the stream.  With the introduction of the CompositeDataStore into Oak, there are many interesting use cases that can potentially be supported if certain JCR node information (e.g. JCR path) is known when a binary is being created or accessed.  This discussion is around ways to support these types of use cases.||2h (discussion only), or 1-2d (if we do a prototype||everyone interested||Matt Ryan||
  || Threat Model || Create a threat model for Oak || 2 x 2hours || everyone interested; 1 expert per topic needed on demand || angela ||
  || m12n || Continue/complete modularization effort || as long as it takes || everyone interested || angela ||
+ || TarMK tooling || Review and advance tooling API and initial implementations from the August Oakathon.  || 2-5d || everyone interested || Michael ||

  = Agenda Proposal =