Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Schmidt <as...@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de> on 2002/09/12 13:59:25 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 4.1.10!

Hi!
I have installed Tomcat 4.1.10-LE-JDK1.4.
When I type in the browser http://localhost:8080/  I get the Error-Message
HTTP Status 500
     Exception report
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

root cause

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
What is wrong?
Thanks
    A. Schmidt

RE: Problem with Tomcat 4.1.10!

Posted by Miguel Angel Mulero Martinez <mi...@mad.tecsidel.es>.
I've reported the same problem with the versiĆ³n not LE. The problem is using
tomcat in win2000 as a service. Are you in the same case? If yes, try to
start it from the command line, with catalina_start.

God luck!