Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@Les7Arts.com> on 2009/11/19 14:14:49 UTC

Formatting controllers

Hi devs,

I often found myself in difficulties when reading controllers files.

I would like to format them all as it's done on the attached example
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n623986/controller.patch controller.patch , but
the view-maps which I would prefer to keep on one line.

Opinions ?

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Label Manager, yes ! I will have a look

Thanks Adrian,

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@yahoo.com>

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
Adrian Crum wrote:
> Yes. Look at the Label Manager code - it outputs well-formed XML.
>
> Some day this will be easy to do in mini-language, but it's not quite there. You can read and write XML files, but there is no way to add the Apache license header in mini-language.

It's not that simple.

Files that already exist, that already have the header, should keep
the header.

New files should not have it.

The idea being that the client/user/company using ofbiz may have it's
own restrictions on the data that is created.

Besides, applying the Apache license to *data* doesn't really make sense.

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@hlmksw.com>

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This sounds like an interesting idea indeed

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Oxygen users,

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
> This said, I was expecting to use Oxygen in Eclipse to format blocks, but this seems not possible, I found only Ctrl+Shft+F which
> formats all the file

I found the reason. I was using the action [Format and Indent Element which is available on the contextual menu -> Source submenu]
yesterday night (and forgot to say it) but found it formats and indents all even if you have selected only a line.
I just retried and the behavior above is only true if you select the EOL (I use it often as it's easier to Copy/Paste). So format
and indent works only if you do not select the EOL of the block you are working on

Jacques

Re: Formatting controllers

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Ashish, Hans,

Yes I agree on the invoke part. I will see how to handle all this gloabaly (using regexp I guess)

Jacques

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vi...@gmail.com>

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jacques,

Re: Formatting controllers

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
sounds fine to me....

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates