Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Pietro Romanazzi <p....@tno.it> on 2008/01/29 10:31:01 UTC

Implementing STARTTLS: an experiment

Dear James Devs,

I tried to implement STARTTLS in James v.2.3.1 SMTP server.
At the beginning it seemed a big deal!
Looking at the very simple class architecture of James and its great modularity, things went more and more feasible.
At the end with a few lines of code I obtaind a base STARTTLS running with Outlook and Thunderbird.
Please find attached the five classes involved in the experiment and a short readme.

I submit this code for discussion.

Thanks and regards,

Pietro

Re: Implementing STARTTLS: an experiment

Posted by Pietro Romanazzi <p....@tno.it>.
Ok Stefano.

Added to JAMES-290

Thanks,