Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/04 11:14:13 UTC

[Studio] OpenLDAP plugin status

Hi guys,

I have made some substencial changes in the OpenLDAP config plugins
those 3 last weeks. Here is the current status for this plugin :

- I have added an overiew pages which exposes only the very basic
informations of a OpenLDAP server : databases, loaded overlays, logLevel
and a few other infos
- I have added a widget for the LogLevel configuration, which is much
better that what we add before
- I also have added many fields configuration in the Options page

There is a lot that has to be done before this plugin can be considered
as production ready :
- First of all, the configuration 'save' does not currently work.
Probably just a bump on the road, I have to check that. Enough said that
it was woking 2 weeks ago, so one of my changes have broke it.
- I want to split the databases and options page in parts, with new pages :
  o a Config page which will contain all the specific config Database
parameters
  o a FrontEnd pagewhich will contain all the specific Frontend Database
parameters
- I also want to split the options page in many pages or sections (not
yet decided what's the best solution), with those sections :
  o Security
  o Tuning
  o Schema
  o PasswordPolicy
It's mainly about re-shuffling what we currently have in a more
user-friendly way.
- Move the literal Strings to the messages.properties files
- There are many configuraiton parameters that are not yet handled (just
because they weren't existing when the first version of the editor has
been designed)
- The help is not existing atm. It has to be added.

We won't support slapd.conf file in this version. Also the OpenLDAP
version that will be supported has to be recent (ie, 2.4.31 or newer).
ALl in all, that means we will support every OpenLDAP version that has
been released in teh past 4 years.

I will create JIRAs for the missing parts or each part I want to work on
expect a load of JIRAs to be created ;-)

All in all, I expect to have a very first version running quite soon,
and probably something that could be tested as soon as the 'save' action
will be fixed.

That's it for the status, expect lots of change sin the comming days and
weeks !

Thanks !

Re: [Studio] OpenLDAP plugin status

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 04/05/15 19:39, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 05/04/2015 11:14 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have made some substencial changes in the OpenLDAP config plugins
>> those 3 last weeks. Here is the current status for this plugin :
>>
>> - I have added an overiew pages which exposes only the very basic
>> informations of a OpenLDAP server : databases, loaded overlays, logLevel
>> and a few other infos
>> - I have added a widget for the LogLevel configuration, which is much
>> better that what we add before
>> - I also have added many fields configuration in the Options page
>>
>> There is a lot that has to be done before this plugin can be considered
>> as production ready :
>> - First of all, the configuration 'save' does not currently work.
>> Probably just a bump on the road, I have to check that. Enough said that
>> it was woking 2 weeks ago, so one of my changes have broke it.
>> - I want to split the databases and options page in parts, with new pages :
>>   o a Config page which will contain all the specific config Database
>> parameters
>>   o a FrontEnd pagewhich will contain all the specific Frontend Database
>> parameters
>> - I also want to split the options page in many pages or sections (not
>> yet decided what's the best solution), with those sections :
>>   o Security
>>   o Tuning
>>   o Schema
>>   o PasswordPolicy
>> It's mainly about re-shuffling what we currently have in a more
>> user-friendly way.
>> - Move the literal Strings to the messages.properties files
>> - There are many configuraiton parameters that are not yet handled (just
>> because they weren't existing when the first version of the editor has
>> been designed)
>> - The help is not existing atm. It has to be added.
>>

>> We won't support slapd.conf file in this version. Also the OpenLDAP
>> version that will be supported has to be recent (ie, 2.4.31 or newer).
>> ALl in all, that means we will support every OpenLDAP version that has
>> been released in teh past 4 years.
>>
>> I will create JIRAs for the missing parts or each part I want to work on
>> expect a load of JIRAs to be created ;-)
>>
>> All in all, I expect to have a very first version running quite soon,
>> and probably something that could be tested as soon as the 'save' action
>> will be fixed.
>>
>> That's it for the status, expect lots of change sin the comming days and
>> weeks !
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
> Thanks Emmanuel for the update.
>
> Next week I'd like to start to test the release process for Studio.
> Should we then include the OpenLDAP config plugin at all for the first
> release? And same question for the Template/Combinded entry editor
> plugins? I'd suggest to exclude them for the first release.

+1.

The idea is first to be able to produce a release, and installers,
document the process, then we can think about adding the new OpenLDAP
plugins.

Re: [Studio] OpenLDAP plugin status

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 05/04/2015 11:14 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have made some substencial changes in the OpenLDAP config plugins
> those 3 last weeks. Here is the current status for this plugin :
>
> - I have added an overiew pages which exposes only the very basic
> informations of a OpenLDAP server : databases, loaded overlays, logLevel
> and a few other infos
> - I have added a widget for the LogLevel configuration, which is much
> better that what we add before
> - I also have added many fields configuration in the Options page
>
> There is a lot that has to be done before this plugin can be considered
> as production ready :
> - First of all, the configuration 'save' does not currently work.
> Probably just a bump on the road, I have to check that. Enough said that
> it was woking 2 weeks ago, so one of my changes have broke it.
> - I want to split the databases and options page in parts, with new pages :
>   o a Config page which will contain all the specific config Database
> parameters
>   o a FrontEnd pagewhich will contain all the specific Frontend Database
> parameters
> - I also want to split the options page in many pages or sections (not
> yet decided what's the best solution), with those sections :
>   o Security
>   o Tuning
>   o Schema
>   o PasswordPolicy
> It's mainly about re-shuffling what we currently have in a more
> user-friendly way.
> - Move the literal Strings to the messages.properties files
> - There are many configuraiton parameters that are not yet handled (just
> because they weren't existing when the first version of the editor has
> been designed)
> - The help is not existing atm. It has to be added.
>

> We won't support slapd.conf file in this version. Also the OpenLDAP
> version that will be supported has to be recent (ie, 2.4.31 or newer).
> ALl in all, that means we will support every OpenLDAP version that has
> been released in teh past 4 years.
>
> I will create JIRAs for the missing parts or each part I want to work on
> expect a load of JIRAs to be created ;-)
>
> All in all, I expect to have a very first version running quite soon,
> and probably something that could be tested as soon as the 'save' action
> will be fixed.
>
> That's it for the status, expect lots of change sin the comming days and
> weeks !
>
> Thanks !

Thanks Emmanuel for the update.

Next week I'd like to start to test the release process for Studio.
Should we then include the OpenLDAP config plugin at all for the first
release? And same question for the Template/Combinded entry editor
plugins? I'd suggest to exclude them for the first release.

Kind Regards,
Stefan