Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Morris <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 16:46:17 UTC

Merge Tracking

Please redirect me if this has been asked elsewhere - I'm a noob on the
list. I've been loosely following the merge tracking developments, including
recent thread stuffs on the dev list.

Our shop is looking to go to SVN (from CVSNT which already has its own form
of Merge Tracking) -- it seems that the Merge Tracking in SVN is essentially
looking to replace the Python merge script -- do y'all think the Python
script will hold us over in 1.4 until 1.5 arrives - is the Python script
stable and robust - or is it a pain to work with? Does the Python script do
anything that wouldn't be compatible with the way 1.5 handles merge
tracking?

--
Chris
http://clabs.org

Re: Merge Tracking

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Chris Morris wrote:
> Please redirect me if this has been asked elsewhere - I'm a noob on the
> list. I've been loosely following the merge tracking developments,
> including recent thread stuffs on the dev list.
>
> Our shop is looking to go to SVN (from CVSNT which already has its own
> form of Merge Tracking) -- it seems that the Merge Tracking in SVN is
> essentially looking to replace the Python merge script -- do y'all think
> the Python script will hold us over in 1.4 until 1.5 arrives - is the
> Python script stable and robust - or is it a pain to work with? Does the
> Python script do anything that wouldn't be compatible with the way 1.5
> handles merge tracking?

Yes, the script is stable and robust.

No, it's not a pain to work with.

There is a conversion tool from svnmerge.py to 1.5 merge tracking available,
when 1.5 comes out.

Regards,
Blair

--