Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2003/10/22 11:14:18 UTC

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Hi All,

There is a wiki proposal page created for the JSR109 implementation.
it can be found by url

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JSR109Proposal

Srinath

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi All,

> I would like to see the architecture proposal moved to the wiki (not just
> referenced) so that we can make modifications as our understanding of the
> problem space develops.
> RMH

it is there ..

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JSR109ProposalArchitecture

and there is a link form the WIKI as well,

regards

Srinath

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Dims,All

I am agreed with dims the jsr109 should be at Geranimo. He is right we
need lot help from Geranimo.

may be if it do not arise any complications the Richard can shepherd us
to Geranimo:) rather than java.net temporary.

Anyway it is nice to have cvs somewhere so we can put our code quickly.
The Ias is working and I have few interfaces to show others as well.

thanks for your time.

regards

Srinath

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Richard,

=====

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.

Re: Move discussions to geronimo-dev@ (Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, my mistake. thanks for the catch.

-- dims

=====

Re: Move discussions to geronimo-dev@ (Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Dims, All.

(Subject: Move discussions to geronimo-dev@ (Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache))

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Dims, All.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Luis

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 00:15, knight@adsl.tie.cl wrote:
>We need the same kind of hook in JSR-109 impl that exist in Axis for the
> deployment.
please let us know what is the best  place to find the DD
architecture info. and from following what does Geronimo support right now.
1)WSDL (??)
2)jaxrpcmapping(no?)
3)ejb xml file (yes?)
4)web service.xml (no?)

We will write code to support what Geronimo not support now. Are we add
that code to Geronimo DD parsing module

> Our proposal consist , basically, in make a JMX layer that allow any JSR-109
> compliant ws-engine to be integrated with geronimo.

and to commnet about this I think it is better to take axis-dev in I cc
to axis dev.

Srinath

Posted by kn...@adsl.tie.cl.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Guillaume,
In short, I'm interrested to contribute for a new Axis tool (like
> WSDL2Java) taking into account the jaxrpc mapping file.

JAX-RPC mapping file is a requirement for JSR109 spec we have to support
it anyway I think.

>  After dev, this
> tool should be integrated/used into JOnAS as well as Geronimo...
>
> What do you think ?

sure :) we are more than happy to have your help ..
I remember you mention there are some part of code you have which
might be reused in a JSR109 impl as well.

here is architecture propsal (you might have seen)

http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/~hemapani/JSR109/architecture.html

yap and if my understanding is correct this can be used in the JOnAs as well
as geranimo. (actually in that way it depends on the J2EE spec not the container.
My only concern is will it be a big performence penalty as we do first an
HTTP/SOAP access(web service layer) then RMI accsess.(axis to container)
/ if this is  a problem we can use Local inteface instead of Remote
interface(just a idea))

that is something I really need to discuss.

Srinath

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Guillaume,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Ias wrote:

> > I'm already working on an Axis integration in a J2EE server
> > (JOnAS) for a JSR109 implementation. And we found some axis
> > limitations :
> > - jaxrpc mapping cannot be completely supported (only package
> > mapping and xml type mapping at this time). All stuff
> > concerning class generation (class mapping, method mapping)
> > cannot be handled directly with WSDL2Java.
> > - cannot change endpoint address of a port through the
> > ServiceLocator interface. (issu patched recently in CVS)
> >
> Those were exactly what I had to figure out. Now my prototype,
> org.apache.ws4j2ee.jaxrpcmapping delivers Wsdl2J2ee, J2eeEmitter, and
> J2eeXxxWriters different from those of org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava. On the
> other hand, the new WSDL processor is based on Axis' WSDL2 framework, so you
> can consider this JAX-RPC mapping file parser as an customized extension of
> the framework.

That's how I figure the thing...

At this time, I use only the WSDL2Java tool to generate client sides
classes.
In addition to this, I generate server-config.wsdd files defining a list
of service, with jaxrpc handler from webservices.xml, ejb-jar.xml /
web.xml and mapping file (use package mapping and xml type mapping).
And same thing for the client-config.wsdd from web.xml/ejb-jar.xml
(service-ref) for the jaxrpc handler specified in service-ref.

I had to write my own EngineConfigurationFactory to load specified wsdd,
not default ones.

> > In short, I'm interrested to contribute for a new Axis tool (like
> > WSDL2Java) taking into account the jaxrpc mapping file. After
> > dev, this tool should be integrated/used into JOnAS as well
> > as Geronimo...
> >

> Please see JSR109Proposal at
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JSR109Proposal also including
> JAX-RPC mapping file parser proposal. I'm quite convinced that JOnAs also
> can make the full use of the parser.

I've seen this. Looks Greats. It's a big work !
Sure JOnAS can use this as replacement for WSDL2Java ...

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Hello

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Hello

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@apache.org>.
Richard,

=====

Move discussions to geronimo-dev@ (Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@apache.org>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@apache.org>.
Richard,

=====

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Dims,

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Dims,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@apache.org>.
Srinath,

The more i think about this, the more i am convinced that most of the work should be done in
geronimo  with minumum changes to axis itself. Since there needs to be tight integration with

=====

Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.
Looks good. I'm out today but will be back on this tomorrow.

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <Ri...@Monson-Haefel.com>.
Thanks, I'm working on some other things today and will join the discussion
tomorrow night.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@apache.org>.
Srinath,

=====