Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID> on 2017/01/06 23:16:14 UTC

1.8.2 patch release

Hi everyone,

There was some discussion last month about getting a 1.8.2 patch release
out so that some projects like Spark can take advantage of recent bug
fixes, but not pull in more risky changes like the byte buffer read path.
I've gone ahead an filtered the commits since 1.8.1 and created a list of
what I think should go into the 1.8.2 release here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NAuY3c77Egs6REu-UVkQqPswpVYVgZTTnY3bM0SPVRs/edit?usp=sharing

I also built a branch with these commits backported:

  https://github.com/rdblue/parquet-mr/tree/parquet-1.8.x

I'd like to get a 1.8.2 release candidate out sometime soon, so please look
at what I've included and comment on the doc if there's anything else you'd
like to get in, or if you think some commits shouldn't be there.

Thanks!

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: 1.8.2 patch release

Posted by Piyush Narang <pn...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for putting this together Ryan. The list looks good to me. Once
we've got 1.8.2 artifacts, I can run some of our internal tests to see how
the new release stacks up performance wise.

--
- Piyush

Re: 1.8.2 patch release

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.