Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Satya Prasad Sahu <ss...@velankani.com> on 2007/12/27 06:16:42 UTC

Not able to start with the basic program

Hi ,

I am a new user to the Maven.

I tried to write a sample program to start with. But failing with the
initial set up of Maven.

I have gone through the SwiXAT user guide and I am trying to execute the
steps as given in the chapter 4 of the guide.

But I am stacked at mvn jar:install command.

Getting the following error : Please see the attachment.

Please give me a solution for this.

Regards,

Satya

Re: Not able to start with the basic program

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 26, 2007 10:16 PM, Satya Prasad Sahu <ss...@velankani.com> wrote:

> I am a new user to the Maven.
>
> I tried to write a sample program to start with. But failing with the
> initial set up of Maven.

I replied on the users list.  If you're not already subscribed, you
can see it in the Nabble archive:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Not-able-to-start-with-the-basic-program-td14528297s177.html

And you can find subscription info for the users list on this page:
http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html

--
Wendy

Re: Not able to start with the basic program

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
[moved from dev@maven]

On Dec 26, 2007 10:16 PM, Satya Prasad Sahu <ss...@velankani.com> wrote:

> I am a new user to the Maven.
>
> I tried to write a sample program to start with. But failing with the
> initial set up of Maven.
>
> I have gone through the SwiXAT user guide and I am trying to execute the
> steps as given in the chapter 4 of the guide.
>
> But I am stacked at mvn jar:install command.
>
> Getting the following error : Please see the attachment.

Attachments don't usually come through on this list.  A link to the
instructions you're trying to follow would be helpful.

There is no 'jar:install' command.  You can see the available goals
for the jar plugin here [1] but you normally don't invoke them
individually.

Try "mvn install" in the directory that contains your project's
pom.xml file.  If that doesn't work, paste exactly what you typed and
just enough of the output to show us what happened.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/

--
Wendy