Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gulshan Babajee <gu...@parabolemaurice.com> on 2005/06/28 08:19:34 UTC

Number of java process increases...

Hi, am actually using tomcat version 5.0.28 on Red Hat Linux 6.2.
What i've notice is that each time i compile my java classes, copy them to
/WEB-INF/classes dir. and then redeploy my web application consisting of jsp
pages, I saw the number of java process increases when I do a 'ps -aux'
That is if before compilation of my java classes there were 30 java
processes, then after compilation I saw 30 new java processes when I did a
'ps -aux'
The problem is that tomcat does not kill the previous java processes that
were associated with my old java classes. Subsequently if I do 5
compilation, I'll
get (5 x 40) java processes and finally I got an 'OutOfMemoryError'.

Can anyone please tell me what's the cause of the above problem and how to
resolve it.
thanks in advance