Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Harish Pathak <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/17 09:45:58 UTC

multi-step user registration ?

Hi all,

How can I handle multiple forms or multi-step user registration (multi step form) with Struts ?
I want to create 4 forms and it should show the data of all the forms when user click on the Submit button on the last form .

Please give me the idea...........how to do that?
  Please send me the code if anyone has one

Thanks in advance........

  Harish Pathak

---------------------------------

RE: multi-step user registration ?

Posted by "David G. Friedman" <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Harish,

How about Struts Flow? I haven't used it but I have seen a post or two about it so I thought you might want to know
about it.
http://struts.apache.org/struts-flow/index.html

Regards,
David

> How can I handle multiple forms or multi-step user registration (multi step form) with Struts ?
> I want to create 4 forms and it should show the data of all the forms when user click on the Submit button on the last
form .

> Please give me the idea...........how to do that?
>   Please send me the code if anyone has one
>
> Thanks in advance........
>
>   Harish Pathak

Something like this (live demo):
http://www.superinterface.com/strutsdialog/wizardaction.do
See the Wizard Action page:
http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs/wizardaction.html
The project page: http://struts.sourceforge.net/strutsdialogs/

It is a little convoluted, but bulletproof. Your action form must
retain state between requests, that is, must have "session" scope.

Michael.

Re: multi-step user registration ?

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.