Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Bennett, Tony - CNF" <Be...@cnf.com> on 2004/10/19 04:03:37 UTC

Is there a limit to using "with-module" directive ???

I have tried "adding" two different home-grown modules
to be statically linked when attempting to configure httpd 2.0.52 on AIX
5.1.

My configure command:
    	CC="xlc_r"; export CC
	CPPFLAGS="-D_THREAD_SAFE"; export CPPFLAGS
	"./configure" \
	"--prefix=/usr/local/apache" \
	"--with-mpm=worker" \
	"--without-berkeley-db" \
	"--enable-dav=static" \
	"--enable-dav_fs=static" \
	"--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl" \
	"--enable-ssl=static" \
	"--with-egd=/etc/entropy" \
	"--with-module=aaa:dms_apr" \
	"--with-module=aaa:auth_extern" \
	"$@"

It only builds the module specified in the last "--with-module"
directive.
Is this a limitation with that directive ???

If so, how do I "add" two modules that are to be statically linked...?

Thanks,
-tony

Re: Is there a limit to using "with-module" directive ???

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 19.10.2004, at 04:03, Bennett, Tony - CNF wrote:

> I have tried "adding" two different home-grown modules
> to be statically linked when attempting to configure httpd 2.0.52 on
> AIX 5.1.
>
> My configure command:
> It only builds the module specified in the last "--with-module"
> directive.
>  Is this a limitation with that directive ???
>
> If so, how do I "add" two modules that are to be statically linked…?

This should be working now with the current SVN trunk (2.1.x), see
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?root=Apache-SVN&rev=124600&view=rev

Just use
--with-module=module-type1:module-file1,module-type2:module-file2 to
add two or more external modules - you can find a description at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/programs/configure.html - would be
nice to hear the results...

Cheers,
Erik

Re: Is there a limit to using "with-module" directive ???

Posted by Rici Lake <ri...@ricilake.net>.
On 18-Oct-04, at 9:03 PM, Bennett, Tony - CNF wrote:

> It only builds the module specified in the last "--with-module"
> directive.
>  Is this a limitation with that directive ???

Yes, the directive only handles one module.