Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Snelling <Ja...@upsa.org.uk> on 2003/10/16 12:37:36 UTC

mod_jk.so not building :(

Okay - I'm on a MAC OSX machine and I've got apache and tomcat-5.0.12
both installed and working standalone.

Apache was from source, tomcat from a binary.

I'm now trying to build the mod_jk.so so that apache can speak to
tomcat.
I've been following the instructions at
http://www.geektimes.com/macintosh/os/x/10_0/and/tomcat_install.html
But using the latest versions of software - (with the exception of
dlcompat)

Anyone got any ideas?

Is a Mac OSX binary version of mod_webapp that I can use to do the same
job? (this is mentioned for version tomcat-4.0.1 in a
developer.apple.com article at
http://developer.apple.com/internet/java/tomcat1.html )

Anyway - here's what is happening:

** FIRST I CHECK THE JAVA_HOME AND OTHER VARIABLES  **
% env
JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home
CC=cc
CPPFLAGS=-traditional-cpp

** THEN I GET THE DL-COMPAT STUFF FROM SOURCEFORGE **
% wget http://download.sourceforge.net/fink/dlcompat-20010123.tar.gz

** UNZIP AND UNTAR **
% gnutar zxf dlcompat-20010123.tar.gz

** SET A ENV TO MAKE LIFE EASY **
% setenv MOD_JK_DIR
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12-src/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache
-1.3/

** CHUCK THE REQUIRED FILES TO THE RIGHT PLACE **
% cp dlcompat-20010123/{dlfcn.h,dlopen.c} $MOD_JK_DIR

** CHANGE TO THE CORRECT DIRECTORY **
% cd $MOD_JK_DIR

** COMPILE THE MODULE **
% apxs -o mod_jk.so -I. -I$JAVA_HOME/Headers -I../jk -DFREEBSD -c *.c
../jk/*.c
cc -DDARWIN -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-DSHARED_MODULE -I/usr/include/httpd -I. -I/Library/Java/Home/Headers
-I../jk -DFREEBSD  -c dlopen.c
dlopen.c:84: return type is an incomplete type
dlopen.c: In function `NSMakePrivateModulePublic':
dlopen.c:95: warning: `return' with a value, in function returning void
dlopen.c:97: invalid use of undefined type `enum bool'
dlopen.c:97: warning: `return' with a value, in function returning void
dlopen.c: In function `dlopen':
dlopen.c:255: void value not ignored as it ought to be
dlopen.c:337: void value not ignored as it ought to be
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=1

BUMMER!!!!

James Snelling

James.Snelling@upsa.org.uk

The views expressed here are not those of the Students' Association nor can they be assumed to be those of the writer. No liability is accepted for the accuracy or the veracity of the contents. You are held to accept this and any use to which you put any contents of this communication are entirely your responsibility.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient and it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it. This e-mail message and any attached files have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, however, you are advised that you open any attachments at your own risk.

Nothing in this email shall be construed as constituting an order for goods or services

www.upsa.org.uk

Re: mod_jk.so not building :(

Posted by Giuliano Gavazzi <de...@humph.com>.
excuseme, but why did I announce the HOWTO (and binaries) of both
mod_jk and mod_jk2?

Your link is old, although not even as old as my old howto on mod_jk
but twice as involved.

Get the real thing: http://www.humph.com/docs/mod_jk.html

Giuliano

At 11:37 +0100 2003/10/16, James Snelling wrote:
>Okay - I'm on a MAC OSX machine and I've got apache and tomcat-5.0.12
>both installed and working standalone.
>
>Apache was from source, tomcat from a binary.
>
>I'm now trying to build the mod_jk.so so that apache can speak to
>tomcat.
>I've been following the instructions at
[...]
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/