Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/14 01:15:50 UTC

Bugzilla->Jira migration

Attempting to do this now. Will take a good few hours I suspect.

We'll figure out any issues that pop up in Bugzilla in the meantime
after the fact.

Hen

Re: [DONE] Re: Bugzilla->Jira migration

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Henri,
> Migration is complete; Commons has successfully invaded
> issues.apache.org/jira.
thanks for your hard work to do the migration.

I already have a jira account (for myfaces development), so could one
please adjust my rights so that I can work with the bugs (Project
Commons VFS). My Jira username is "imario".
Thanks!

Ciao,
Mario

Re: [DONE] Re: Bugzilla->Jira migration

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/06, Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Migration is complete; Commons has successfully invaded
> > issues.apache.org/jira.
> >
> > Next up - reflect the change on the website.
> Just for your information, it is possible to have readable URLs to Jira
> even though Jira itself doesn't give them.
> Among others, a project page is:
>     http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/<projectKey>
> (e.g. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JELLY or
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO)
> Better use this than the number based things.
> Probably there's more such URLs which I think are important if they
> exchanged and presented.

Yep, but to get an equivalent of the 'open bugs' url that Lang had I
had to share a filter and hook up to that.

Not sure if we need as much information in Jira as we had to help
people with Bugzilla, it feels like it has more internal
documentation.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Migration is complete; Commons has successfully invaded
> issues.apache.org/jira.
>
> Next up - reflect the change on the website.
Just for your information, it is possible to have readable URLs to Jira
even though Jira itself doesn't give them.
Among others, a project page is:
    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/<projectKey>
(e.g. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JELLY or
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO)
Better use this than the number based things.
Probably there's more such URLs which I think are important if they
exchanged and presented.

paul

Re: [DONE] Re: Bugzilla->Jira migration

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bugzilla->Jira migration

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Trying again tonight. I'm at the slow manual stage, but have done a
full migration for Commons Attributes and it looks good. Martin's
closed Commons@Bugzilla to new issues again.

Hen

Re: Bugzilla->Jira migration

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.