Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Grenda <pa...@softfish.com.au> on 2005/01/08 02:18:48 UTC

SpamAssassin 3.0.2 Path Problems

After trying to install Spamassasasin 3.0.2 using the rpmbuild withour
success, I have managed to install it using perl Makefile.PL, make, make
install and it seems to have been largely sucessful except it no longer
seems to be able to find my local.cf (see another thread on this forum).

Now I think that the cause is that somehow the path has been damaged, see
the data below:
It used to look like this......
----------------------
Spam detection software, running on the system "mailserver.softfish.com.au",
has
@@CONTACT_ADDRESS@@ for details.

Content preview:  Looking for not expensive high-quality software? We
  might have just what you need. Windows XP Professional 2002 $50 [...]

 pts rule name              description
---- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------------
--
 4.2 MIME_BOUND_DD_DIGITS   Spam tool pattern in MIME boundary
 0.0 RCVD_BY_IP             Received by mail server with no name

The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.
------------------------
but now it looks like......
------------------------------

SPAM: Spam detection software, running on the system "_HOSTNAME_", has
SPAM: identified this incoming email as possible spam.  The original message
SPAM: has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or
label
SPAM: similar future email.  If you have any questions, see
SPAM: _CONTACTADDRESS_ for details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content preview:  _PREVIEW_
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (_SCORE_ points, 5 required)
SPAM:
SPAM: " pts rule name              description"
SPAM: ---- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------
--------
SPAM: __HAS_MIMEOLE      (1.0 points)  Found a X-MimeOLE header
SPAM: __MSGID_OK_DIGITS  (1.0 points)  Message-ID =~ /\d{10}/
SPAM: __CT               (1.0 points)  Found a Content-Type header
SPAM: __OE_MUA           (1.0 points)  X-Mailer =~ /\bOutlook Express
[456]\./
SPAM: __HAS_X_PRIORITY   (1.0 points)  Found a X-Priority header
SPAM: __HAS_SUBJECT      (1.0 points)  Found a Subject header
SPAM: INVALID_DATE       (1.0 points)  Invalid Date: header (not RFC 2822)
SPAM: __HAS_OUTLOOK_IN_MAILER (1.0 points)  X-Mailer =~ /Microsoft
(CDO|Outlook|Office Outlook)\b/
SPAM: __HAS_MSMAIL_PRI   (1.0 points)  Found a X-MSMail-Priority header
SPAM: __ANY_OUTLOOK_MUA  (1.0 points)  X-Mailer =~ /^Microsoft Outlook\b/
SPAM: __MIME_VERSION     (1.0 points)  Found a MIME-Version header
SPAM: __NEXTPART_ALL     (1.0 points)  Content-Type =~ /NextPart/
SPAM: __CTYPE_HAS_BOUNDARY (1.0 points)  Content-Type =~ /boundary/i
SPAM: __HAS_X_MAILER     (1.0 points)  Found a X-Mailer header
SPAM: __UPPERCASE_25_50  (1.0 points)  BODY: __UPPERCASE_25_50
SPAM: SUBJ_ALL_CAPS      (1.0 points)  Subject is all capitals
SPAM: DATE_IN_PAST_03_06 (1.0 points)  Date: is 3 to 6 hours before

Any ideas?

Paul.
---------------------------
Paul Grenda  __
Manager     /. \/|
Soft Fish   \__/\|
6 Moorhouse Street
Richmond
Victoria, Australia 3121
0418 534 764
paulg@softfish.com.au

Re: SpamAssassin 3.0.2 Path Problems

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 12:18:48PM +1100, Paul Grenda wrote:

> After trying to install Spamassasasin 3.0.2 using the rpmbuild withour
> success, I have managed to install it using perl Makefile.PL, make, make
> install and it seems to have been largely sucessful except it no longer
> seems to be able to find my local.cf (see another thread on this forum).

> Any ideas?

use the "--siteconfigpath=/etc/mail/spamassassin" parameter.

Rainer