Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/14 04:31:01 UTC

SVN to GIt INFRA ticket submitted

Re: SVN to GIt INFRA ticket submitted

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I consider the consensus of all parties who have actually helped out so
far as adequate PMC consensus (given we've had about 3 days since last
INFRA update).

I'll send another note here when I hear back from INFRA.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
I checked trunk, too.  It all looks good to me.  I'll just patch over my
outstanding changes and begin using git.

-Eric

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
I am ready to make the transition

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Josh, I think the best thing is probably to just assume 1.4 has been
merged to 1.5 already. Then, just bump up the number of acceptable
renames in your config, and then do a recursive merge with the "ours"
option (git merge -s recursive -X ours), so it favors the newer branch
if there's a conflict. I'd still closely examine the changes as a
result, to see if the non-conflicting changes were correct (if there
are any... there probably shouldn't be, because it would almost
certainly mean something was fixed in 1.4 but not in 1.5 or later). I
haven't tried this yet... though.

Worst case scenario, we cleanly merge with the "git merge -s ours"
strategy, which is basically a no-op merge that would keep the 1.5
branch as is. (similar to svn's --record-only merge option, I
believe).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii