Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alireza Fattahi <af...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/13 14:10:55 UTC

Struts 2 manually call a custom validation in an action

We have used struts 2 validation with lots of custom validation to validate our forms.

    @Validations(
        customValidators =
               { @CustomValidator(type = "AccountFormat", fieldName = "accountNo") }
    )

Also we can can manually validate a form by overriding the validate method

     public void validate(){
            //Username can't be blank
            if(username.equals("")){
                addFieldError("username", "The Username can't be empty");
            }

Is it possible to call the `custom validations` in the `validate()`.

**Why we need it ?!**
All validation rules are packed in custom validations, which is perfect. There are some few forms which need to have their own manual validation. We end up cut and pasting some of custom validation rules in these manual validation forms too, it would be best if we could call validations here
 ~Regards,
~~Alireza Fattahi

Re: Struts 2 manually call a custom validation in an action

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
> Please see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29603916/struts-2-
> manually-call-a-custom-validation-in-an-action ~Regards,
> ~~Alireza Fattahi

You could use ExpressionValidator to call action specific validation
methods.

It would look like:

@Validations(
   customValidators ={@CustomValidator(type = "AccountFormat")},
   expressions = {@ExpressionValidator(expression="myValidationMethod")}
)

Regards,
Christoph

Re: Struts 2 manually call a custom validation in an action