Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ameet Hasmucrai Amarchande <Am...@bci.co.mz> on 2006/03/22 14:45:04 UTC

[axis2] Security

Hi all,

For testing purposes, I included <module ref="security"/> in axis2.xml
(0.94), downloaded security-0.94.mar to modules folder and restarted
Tomcat (5.5.12). Then I tried to call the service from the client
(without any modification), expecting that the service would throw some
exception or error back to the client. It didn't do that. Is it normal?
Why?

Ameet

Re: [axis2] Security

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ameet,

In the case of the security module... simply engaging the module is
not sufficient.

You also have to provide security module configuration with respect to
the service in the service.xml file.

This behaviour is useful since we will be just able to turn on
security for a given service  and _not_ for another service in the
same axis2 repo, when the security module is engaged globally (as in
your case ).

Thanks,
Ruchith