Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> on 2014/06/04 11:13:34 UTC

Summary of Thrift lessons learned

Hi all--

I'd like to start a thread here to summarize listens we've learned so
far using Thrift for the API server. Please post what worked, what
didn't, defaults we use and things we changed.

Thanks--

Marlon

Re: Summary of Thrift lessons learned

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
here's a few more points which I also mentioned in a previous mail,

  - Service method overloading not supported
  - No thrift struct inheritance
  - Iterative struct reference not supported
  - Service multiplexing for php
  - XOR support for selecting parameters (nice to have)
  - Thrift server configuration (eg: get registered services, load
balancing info)