Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ram <ra...@netcore.co.in> on 2008/09/29 10:58:29 UTC

Yahoo "I have a new email" abuse

419 scammers are abusing the Yahoos "I have a new email" announce
service

https://ecm.netcore.co.in/tmp/scam1.eml.txt

The scammer sets the message and sends the spams thru yahoos servers
And the mails would go thru clean
Initially these were very few , but now the numbers are growing.
Yahoo should do better than allowing such a gaping loophole

Thanks
Ram

Re: Yahoo "I have a new email" abuse

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
ram wrote:
> 419 scammers are abusing the Yahoos "I have a new email" announce
> service
>
> https://ecm.netcore.co.in/tmp/scam1.eml.txt

According to the Received headers, it travelled via: GB, India, Korea,
US, then Taiwan before getting to its destination (munged by you for I
don't know what reason). long and winding road!

> The scammer sets the message and sends the spams thru yahoos servers
> And the mails would go thru clean

besides country things, it hits JM_SOUGHT_FRAUD_1.