Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch> on 2020/05/02 13:37:16 UTC

Fineract does too many HTTP redirects if running behind HTTPS SSL Proxy (FINERACT-914)

Hello,

does anyone reading this happen to know how to fix
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-914 ?

Tx,
M.
_______________________
Michael Vorburger
http://www.vorburger.ch

Re: Fineract does too many HTTP redirects if running behind HTTPS SSL Proxy (FINERACT-914)

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 11:05 PM Enoobong Ibanga <ei...@teamapt.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,

hello Enoobong, thanks for engaging here!

> I encountered this issue when trying to run fineract behind nginx proxy.

yeah, that would be a similar deployment environment than a cloud
provider's SSL termination...

> It was fixed/walked around by changing all the requires-channel=https in
> to http in this file
> https://github.com/apache/fineract/blob/develop/fineract-provider/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/securityContext.xml

...  and I imagine this ^^^ would work - but I don't think we would want to
change this, that's "unsecure by default".

I've meanwhile found another solution looks like it works for me, check out
https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/798/files, and see (updates to)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-914 for more background. --
I'm curious if this works for you with Nginx as well?

Let me know if it helps.

Posted by Enoobong Ibanga <ei...@teamapt.com>.
Hi Michael,

I encountered this issue when trying to run fineract behind nginx proxy.

It was fixed/walked around by changing all the requires-channel=https in to http in this file https://github.com/apache/fineract/blob/develop/fineract-provider/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/securityContext.xml <https://github.com/apache/fineract/blob/develop/fineract-provider/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/securityContext.xml>