Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com> on 2014/12/04 01:19:25 UTC

Re: Loading Directories into HDFS

Flume deals with events, not files. Spooling Dir source can read events from files in a directory on local disk and send it to HDFS, but the events from one file might end up in different files based on configuration, routing etc. Also, Spool Dir source currently can’t handle sub-directories, so any sub-directories are ignored.

Thanks,
Hari