Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/11 20:09:53 UTC

build problem?

I'm seeing this kind of error in building console bits... anyone else
seeing it or know how to fix it?  Maybe I need to build something
locally???  Haven't looked far yet.

[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.ext.tomcat:jasper-el:7.0.0.0-
SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from ops4j.snapshots
[INFO] [jspc:compile {execution: default}]
Created dir: /Users/david/projects/geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/
console/console-base-portlets/target/jsp-source
[INFO] Compiling JSP source files to /Users/david/projects/geronimo/
server/trunk/plugins/console/console-base-portlets/target/jsp-source
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt cannot be
resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this
application
[INFO]

thanks
david jencks

Re: build problem?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
In case anyone else tries this.... to build jetty itself (not our
integration) you need

mvn clean install -Pgeronimo-spec

I'll try to find out what's going on with this too.
thanks
david jencks

Re: build problem?

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: build problem?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: build problem?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: build problem?

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: build problem?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Looking at JasperListener I think we don't need it.  We can add a
gbean to the jasper module to do the same thing.  Hopefully this will
eliminate the dependency of tomcat on jasper.

thanks
david jencks

Re: build problem?

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: build problem?

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: build problem?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: build problem?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: build problem?

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: build problem?

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Re: build problem?

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: build problem?

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
I'm getting the same error.

Re: build problem?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 11, 2009, at 2:09 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I'm seeing this kind of error in building console bits... anyone else seeing it or know how to fix it?  Maybe I need to build something locally???  Haven't looked far yet.
>
> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.ext.tomcat:jasper-el:7.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from ops4j.snapshots
> [INFO] [jspc:compile {execution: default}]
> Created dir: /Users/david/projects/geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/console/console-base-portlets/target/jsp-source
> [INFO] Compiling JSP source files to /Users/david/projects/geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/console/console-base-portlets/target/jsp-source
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO] The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

I haven't built recently.

We've run into similar problems, before. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2955 might help shed some light on the general issue...