Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Vadiraj <Va...@Sun.COM> on 2009/04/17 12:17:08 UTC

Enable deployment on Glassfish server - need inputs

Hi Experts,

I am in the process of migrating application server templates to make
the deployment of ofbiz possible on Glassfish server
(https://glassfish.dev.java.net). Looking at the existing JBoss
templates, it seems to me that most of the data can be re-used.

Can someone tell me on how the typical deployment preparation for an
unsupported server goes like ?
Oh, by the way, once the deployment is done, I would like to commit the
new template files to the repository to make them available for anyone
who wants to deploy ofbiz on Glassfish server. Can I request commit
access please ?

Many thanks for your inputs.

Vadiraj.

Re: Enable deployment on Glassfish server - need inputs

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Apr 18, 2009, at 1:05 AM, Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

> >> Can I request commit access please ?
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Apache+OFBiz+PMC+Members+and+Committers
>
> Members present in the above link will help you to commit your code.

For instructions and recommendations on making a contribution, please
see the Contributors Best Practices Guide:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

-David

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Vadiraj,

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Run+OFBiz+under+outside+Application+Servers

This is good that you are exploring possibility with the Glassfish server.
Please create the JIRA issue at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ for the implementation plan.
Attach the patch of your work on the Jira for the community review.
Other interested parties can help you in reviewing your work and can
help you in the implementation as well.

--
Ashish