Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Sean K <sk...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/30 17:37:26 UTC

java broker support for federation, clustering, and kerboros

On the qpid wiki, only the c++ broker is mentioned for supporting
federation and clustering.

Is the java broker supported?

https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/using-broker-federation.html

https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/faq.html#FAQ-Clustering%252CFederationandDisasterRecovery

Here it says that the C++ broker supports kerberos -- what about the
java broker?
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/faq.html#FAQ-Security

Are the documentation out of date?  And the java broker supports the
same function areas cited above?

Or, is the java broker lagging behind the c++ broker?

Re: java broker support for federation, clustering, and kerboros

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Kerberos support is present though I wouldn't claim it has been
heavily used/tested.

Federation was previously supported in the Java Broker, but it relied
on QMF support which was removed at the last release because it proved
impossible to keep the Java in sync with the C++ codebase.  We are
looking to re-implement federation in the Java Broker soon, though it
probably won't be QMF based.

For "clustering" there is an HA solution based on the HA clustering
code of the BDB message store for an active-passive solution.  The
Java Broker does not implement the (old) active-active clustering of
the C++ broker and does not implement the newer clustering solution
that is currently being implemented in the C++ codebase (though
theoretically this could be added, though would again require QMF
support).

Cheers,
Rob