Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2007/12/14 17:26:08 UTC

[AntUnit] Getting log output (and maybe more) from AntUnit

This email is to start the discussion requested by Stefan in his comment
to bug 43582:

I don't really want to modify the AntUnitListener interface, but I can
understand if we want to include it in the generated reports (since
<junit> does

so) on the other hand.  Before we go into patch details, can we go back
to the dev list and agree on where we want the feature to go?

I would also prefer not changing the interface, but I'm not seeing a
better solution that works well.  Especially when I think of other
things I'd like to have in my AntUnit reports:

*         Project description

*         Test target descriptions

*         Info on test targets that were skipped because of if/unless
tags

Maybe the thing to do is create a second listener interface that is
richer.  AntUnit could accept listeners that implement either interface.
This way existing listeners written to the original interface aren't
broken but new listeners can still be written that can take advantage of
the enhanced information.

..David..