Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com> on 2007/01/05 22:05:19 UTC

interop testing

Please make sure to run the python interop test suite regularly. I ran
it yesterday and was dismayed to find all the tests failing due to a
recent change in the Java framing code that uses field table type codes
in direct conflict with the specification, e.g. 'S' for short instead of
String.

It is especially important to run the interop tests when making that
sort of change because no amount of Java client -> Java broker testing
will catch that kind of bug since they both use the same framing library
and will therefore both be using the wrong type code.

I fixed this particular issue, however there are still many failures
relative to the cpp broker.

--Rafael