Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Nevermann, Dr., Peter" <Pe...@softwareag.com> on 2002/12/17 15:52:04 UTC

RE: Slide logging, usage of servlet filters and Servlet_23 requir emen t

> But are latest stable versions of other servlet containers (JBoss,
> Weblogic) implementing Servlet API 2.3 ?

I found out that WebLogic implements Servlet API 2.3 from version 6.1 on.
Current version seems to be 7.0. I couldn't find out for jBoss.

I think that Servlet-2.3 could be mainly a compile-time-only requirement.
Slide would still run under Tomcat 3.x (although no logging were supported).

Regards,
Peter

Re: Slide logging, usage of servlet filters and Servlet_23 requir emen t

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <ju...@apache.org>.
Nevermann, Dr., Peter a écrit:
>>But are latest stable versions of other servlet containers (JBoss,
>>Weblogic) implementing Servlet API 2.3 ?
>

> I found out that WebLogic implements Servlet API 2.3 from version 6.1 on.
> Current version seems to be 7.0. I couldn't find out for jBoss.
>
> I think that Servlet-2.3 could be mainly a compile-time-only requirement.
> Slide would still run under Tomcat 3.x (although no logging were supported).

Good point.

JBoss may be integrated with any servlets container. Its default
container is Jetty which implements Servlet API 2.3 since version 4.0.

Regards

Jp