Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2004/06/22 19:23:24 UTC

Re: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/toJava JavaDeployWriter.java

>   Log:
>   Improve handling of one-way operations, for JAX-RPC TCK and
>   in general.  Also a couple of other minor fixes.
>
>   * Add an "mep" field to the OperationDesc, which is currently
>     WSDL4J's OperationType type.  This defaults to request/
>     response.

A couple of things about this commit:

1) I'm cleaning up some of the code (putting the MEP strings in one place
instead of two, etc) but wanted to get it in ASAP so Ias could continue with
TCK testing.

2) Testing this brought another problem to light in that we appear to be
screwing up a few things with wrapped services / anonymous types.  We
mis-name wrapped parameters (">method>arg" instead of "arg" in some cases),
and we don't respect the elementFormDefault value when reading WSDL for
wrapped services (so we always end up generating qualified WSDLs, which
means round tripping doesn't work).  I'm working on this stuff now, will add
tests for it too.

--Glen

Re: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/toJavaJavaDeployWriter.java

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
"Glen Daniels" <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> writes:

> 2) Testing this brought another problem to light in that we appear to be
> screwing up a few things with wrapped services / anonymous types.  We
> mis-name wrapped parameters (">method>arg" instead of "arg" in some
cases),
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IIRC this was caught and fixed in Axis/C++ .. we really need to re-arch
WSDL2<whatever> properly so that there's a strong common base and little
deviation from target language to target language .. otherwise we're
wasting a ton of time.

Maybe we can do that when switching to the JaxMe based version. Since
JaxMe is getting ready to do a v1 release IMO this needs to be on tap
for v1.3 of Axis/Java.

Sanjiva.

RE: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/toJavaJavaDeployWriter.java

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
> >   Log:
> >   Improve handling of one-way operations, for JAX-RPC TCK and
> >   in general.  Also a couple of other minor fixes.

One-way operation feature works fine, especially, in terms of supporting
WS-I BP 1.0 R2714.

Thanks,

Ias