Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dyanesh Varun <dy...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/12 08:51:18 UTC

Deltalake Flink Connector

Hey Team

Just interested to know if there is development in the Deltalake connector
with ADLS Gen2 Blob for writing

Thanks in Advance
Dyanesh

Re: Deltalake Flink Connector

Posted by Krzysztof Chmielewski <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dyanesh,
Happy to see a post about Flink/Delta connectors! :)

Just to set us to the same page,
Delta/Flink connector is opensource and hosted under [1]
We just released a blog post about new Delta/Flink source [2].

As it comes for your question, the currently Delta/Flink Sink has know
limitations with writing to GCP and Azure.
GCP issue was resolved in Flink 1.15 (we are on Flink 1.13 - since
connectors API's are not compatible between 1.13 and 1.15). The Azure issue
on the other hand was not addressed yet [3] but targeted to be fixed in
Flink 1.16.

On our end (Delta/Flink connector community) we are looking at ways to
workaround this problem. Fell free to join *flink-delta-connector* channel
on go.delta.io/slack for more info about Delta/Flink connector.

Cheers,
Krzysztof Chmielewski

[1] https://github.com/delta-io/connectors/tree/master/flink
[2]