Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl> on 2008/07/08 09:11:11 UTC

Re: OpenSocial

Hey abdelrahman,

The best place for questions about shindig is shindig-dev@incubator.apache.org
, and for partuza it's partuza@googlegroups.com. If you send it to me
directly there's a high chance it gets buried under a slew of other
mails in my inbox :)

That being said, i would need a bit more information to be able to
point you in the right direction.. Sure uploading to shared hosting
shouldn't be a problem.

Assuming you have -no- control at all over your web server
configuration, and want the new RESTful API interface, these are the
steps that you'd have to go through:

Say that you have www.mysite.com, and you upload stuff to ftp.mysite.com/home/www.mysite.com
, just replace /home/www.mysite.com with your real paths in these
instructions :)

Then you upload the entire shindig directory through ftp, i.a.w. to /
home/www.mysite.com/shindig
Edit shindig/config/container.js, change:
"path" : "/social/data", to "path" : "/shindig/php/social/rest",
"useRestful" : false to "useRestful" : true

Edit shindig/php/config/container.php:
change 'web_prefix' => '', to 'web_prefix' => '/shindig/php',

Now you -should- be able to go to;
http://www.mysite.com/shindig/php/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

If that fails, double check those edits, and if it still fails, make
sure you have mod_rewrite and .htaccess support on your hosting, and
all the required PHP modules enabled ('json', 'SimpleXML', 'libxml',
'curl', 'mcrypt'). Just ask the hoster, they'll be able to tell you :)

Once that works let me know and we'll talk about how to setup partuza :)

	-- Chris