Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Weed <br...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/03 23:23:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Multiple Authentication

I'm using Apache v2.2.4 (on Windows Server 2003) and
I'm trying to use both SSPI and Basic Authentication
together so that both Domain and non-domain users can
log in to my Trac Wiki site.

Withi this config:

<LocationMatch "/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/[^/]+/login">

  # Domain Login

  AuthName "my domain"

  AuthType SSPI
  SSPIAuth On
  SSPIAuthoritative Off
  SSPIDomain MYDOMAIN
  SSPIOfferBasic On
  SSPIOfferSSPI Off
  SSPIOmitDomain On
  SSPIPerRequestAuth On

 # Non-domain login
  AuthType Basic
  AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
  AuthUserFile D:/wikis/trac.htpasswd

  Require valid-user

</LocationMatch>

It only allows Domain users to log in.  Its not
falling back to Basic via AuthUserFile.
If I turn off SSPI, then it allows Basic Auth (but
obviously not Domain login).

Searching the web, I've found a few people with
similar problems, but no real solution:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-09/1384.shtml
and
http://www.svnforum.org/2017/viewtopic.php?p=11517

The error I get in the error.log is: "...Logon
failure: unknown user name or bad password.  : user
MYDOMAIN\\nondomainuser: authentication failure for
"/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/foo/login"

So, it seems as though it's always prepending the
domain, even when falling back to Basic, or its not
falling back at all.

Is there some other module I have to install to
support falling back?
Any ideas as to what else I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Brian

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple Authentication

Posted by Brian Weed <br...@yahoo.com>.
--- Dragon <dr...@crimson-dragon.com> wrote:

> Brian Weed wrote:
> >I'm using Apache v2.2.4 (on Windows Server 2003)
> and
> >I'm trying to use both SSPI and Basic
> Authentication
> >together so that both Domain and non-domain users
> can
> >log in to my Trac Wiki site.
> >
> >Withi this config:
> >
> ><LocationMatch "/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/[^/]+/login">
> >
> >   # Domain Login
> >
> >   AuthName "my domain"
> >
> >   AuthType SSPI
> >   SSPIAuth On
> >   SSPIAuthoritative Off
> >   SSPIDomain MYDOMAIN
> >   SSPIOfferBasic On
> >   SSPIOfferSSPI Off
> >   SSPIOmitDomain On
> >   SSPIPerRequestAuth On
> >
> >  # Non-domain login
> >   AuthType Basic
> >   AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
> >   AuthUserFile D:/wikis/trac.htpasswd
> >
> >   Require valid-user
> >
> ></LocationMatch>
> >
> >It only allows Domain users to log in.  Its not
> >falling back to Basic via AuthUserFile.
> >If I turn off SSPI, then it allows Basic Auth (but
> >obviously not Domain login).
> >
> >Searching the web, I've found a few people with
> >similar problems, but no real solution:
> >
> >http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-09/1384.shtml
> >and
> >http://www.svnforum.org/2017/viewtopic.php?p=11517
> >
> >The error I get in the error.log is: "...Logon
> >failure: unknown user name or bad password.  : user
> >MYDOMAIN\\nondomainuser: authentication failure for
> >"/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/foo/login"
> >
> >So, it seems as though it's always prepending the
> >domain, even when falling back to Basic, or its not
> >falling back at all.
> >
> >Is there some other module I have to install to
> >support falling back?
> >Any ideas as to what else I may be doing wrong?
> >
> ---------------- End original message.
> ---------------------
>
> Just a thought... (caveat being I have not messed
> with anything
> beyond basic authentication).
>
> What about having two different virtual hosts
> serving as entry points
> to this application which both point to the same
> application directory?
>
> I think by doing that you can have one of the
> authentication methods
> associated with one virtual host and the other with
> the second virtual host.
>
> Dragon

Thanks for the workaround.

Posted by Dragon <dr...@crimson-dragon.com>.