Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simon Steinacker <si...@student.uibk.ac.at> on 2007/05/18 20:59:54 UTC

Axis2: void method does not make the client aware of exceptions

Hello,

I have a void method which is offered over an axis2 service. Of that
method I generated a client with axis2. Now it happens to be the case
that an Exception is thrown inside the void service method. But somehow
the client stub does not care about that. The exception is not thrown
further, despite the fact that it is thrown over the wire (I can see it
in the soap monitor). This is not the case if I have a return type
assigned to the method.

So somehow the client seems to ignore anything that comes back over the
wire if the method is a void method.
Does anyone have an Idea what I can do about that? thanks a lot,
Simon