Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2013/06/04 18:46:31 UTC

The FreeBSD port is broken on trunk.

Hello;

Just FYI, beyond the STL/TR1 issues ...

It seems some of the recent changes broke configure for platforms
that report themselves as "amd64" instead of "x86_64":

checking for custom pack.lst... no
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `amd64-portbld-freebsd9.1': machine `amd64-portbld' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub amd64-portbld-freebsd9.1 failed
===>  Script "configure" failed
 unexpectedly.

There was a line in set_soenv.in that would do the adjustment but it doesn't
seem to apply anymore.

Regards,

Pedro.

Re: The FreeBSD port is broken on trunk.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 6/5/13 5:09 AM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi again;
>
> On 04.06.2013 11:46, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> Hello;
>>
>> Just FYI, beyond the STL/TR1 issues ...
>>
>> It seems some of the recent changes broke configure for platforms
>> that report themselves as "amd64" instead of "x86_64":

>> checking for custom pack.lst... no
>> checking build system type... Invalid configuration
>> `amd64-portbld-freebsd9.1': machine `amd64-portbld' not recognized
>> configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub amd64-portbld-freebsd9.1 failed
>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>>
>> There was a line in set_soenv.in that would do the adjustment but it
>> doesn't
>> seem to apply anymore.
>>

> After some further investigation it appears there is a similar problem
> in other ports so it is probably not an OpenOffice issue per-se.
>
> Sorry for the noise.

no problem, for us it's better this way ;-)

> I do have a workaround to keep building but still there are many
> pending issues to get AOO working on FreeBSD again :(.

you should provide more details about the errors that Herbert can
support you. You can potentially benefit on FreeBSD from other changes
regarding clang.

Juergen

Re: The FreeBSD port is broken on trunk.

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi again;