Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/09 02:43:44 UTC

Shepherding Summary - June 2014

Hi all

See below for the shepherd reports.  I've put some additional comments in.

Drill/Konstantin Boudnik

Shepherd/Mentor notes:

  In the month of June the project's dev@ list was light on the traffc
- 86 msgs vs 1183 in May. Traffic consists mostly from the JIRA
notifications and review requests. I am not entirely sure what is the
cause of the lowest activity since the end of 2012.

  June report to the board hasn't been sent on time either.

Flink/Konstantin Boudnik

Shepherd/Mentor notes:

  Mailing list in June is very light on the traffic and only covering
the topic of the project's name change. Some of the mentors are active
on the list and helping community. No visible issues.

Cos,

Thanks for both of these reports! Just to point out, the June report
covers 1/May - 31/May.  We’re only 8 days into June… 86 msgs isn’t bad
for 8 days in :-)  I'm not sure if you want to rephrase based on this,
I made the same mistake last month w/ the board report.

Kalumet/Justin Mclean

Shepherd/Mentor notes:

  Podling may be in a little trouble. Failed to report this month, mailing

  list traffic and commits at a very low level. A mentor is still active

  but looks likes like the last release candidate (October 2013) wasn't

  voted on by the IPMC and a new release candidate hasn't been created.

  Last report talked about graduation so perhaps they just need some help

  in getting past the final hurdle?

Justin,

Thanks for bringing this up.  Since they’re moving to monthly, we’ll
monitor and see if things improve in the next couple of months.

Storm/John D. Ament

Storm is showing a lot of progress and growth.  They have a lot of
activity on JIRA and mailing lists, and are generally in good shape.

Please be advised that the following podlings have not reported yet,
and will be moved to monthly:

Brooklyn

DeviceMap

Drill

Kalumet

S4

Re: Shepherding Summary - June 2014

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Sun, Jun 8, 2014, at 07:43 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> Please be advised that the following podlings have not reported yet,
> and will be moved to monthly:
>
> Brooklyn

Just entered incubation on May 1, will make sure there's a report for
June next month.

> S4

Per last months' discussion, this podling is probably going to retire
but not much movement to make that happen. I'm going to start a vote on
that dev list to see if we can move this forward.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: Shepherding Summary - June 2014

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I am working with the Drill team to help them get the report in.  The
community is very active with >200 Jiras reported and fixed in the last 30
days.

The problem with the report is likely due to the fact that the community
member who has been creating the reports (Ellen Friedman) has been diverted
by other (paying) gigs lately. Several others have volunteered to get the
report done but they didn't have much warning.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 08:43PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> Hi all
>
> See below for the shepherd reports.  I've put some additional comments in.
>
> Drill/Konstantin Boudnik
>
> Shepherd/Mentor notes:
>
>   In the month of June the project's dev@ list was light on the traffc
> - 86 msgs vs 1183 in May. Traffic consists mostly from the JIRA
> notifications and review requests. I am not entirely sure what is the
> cause of the lowest activity since the end of 2012.
>
>   June report to the board hasn't been sent on time either.
>

> Flink/Konstantin Boudnik
>
> Shepherd/Mentor notes:
>
>   Mailing list in June is very light on the traffic and only covering
> the topic of the project's name change. Some of the mentors are active
> on the list and helping community. No visible issues.
>

> Cos,
>

> Thanks for both of these reports! Just to point out, the June report
> covers 1/May - 31/May.  We’re only 8 days into June… 86 msgs isn’t bad
> for 8 days in :-)  I'm not sure if you want to rephrase based on this,
> I made the same mistake last month w/ the board report.

You are right John - thanks for catching my mistake. I will amend my notes in
a minute.