Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Anastasio, David M CTR USAF AFMC ESC/HNID" <Da...@hanscom.af.mil> on 2012/02/13 23:22:33 UTC

Question about Apache Subversion API compatibility

Hello,

I am trying to integrate Apache Subversion for source code control of my
development group's changes to our vendor's code base.

The vendor indicates that integration to the application's code base is
done through the use of a Microsoft C API called "SCC C API" (Source
Code Control C API) provided by Microsoft.

Does Apache Subversion conform to this API?

Thank you.

David Anastasio

Jacobs Technology / ETASS

AFNet OPS Support (ESC/HNID)

3 Eglin Street; Building 1612

Hanscom AFB

DSN: 845-4682  COMM: (781) 225-4682

Re: Question about Apache Subversion API compatibility

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 17:22, Anastasio, David M CTR USAF AFMC
ESC/HNID <Da...@hanscom.af.mil> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am trying to integrate Apache Subversion for source code control of my
> development group’s changes to our vendor’s code base.
>
> The vendor indicates that integration to the application’s code base is done
> through the use of a Microsoft C API called "SCC C API" (Source Code Control
> C API) provided by Microsoft.
>
> Does Apache Subversion conform to this API?

Subversion servers do not, as that is not required for them to do their job.

There is at least one client built upon the Subversion library which
integrates with whatever development environment you're using via the
SCCC API. See http://www.pushok.com/software/svn.html for an example.

However, from what I can gather the SCCC API is pretty old and no
longer in use with the current MS development environments. Also, you
may be asking the wrong questions - the SCCC API is an API for
creating plug-ins for the development environment itself, and is
usually *not* integrated with the application you're developing.
Unless the application you're creating is an SCCC/IDE plug-in.

Re: Question about Apache Subversion API compatibility

Posted by Victor Medina <je...@cmgm.com.ve>.
No!

I am trying to integrate Apache Subversion for source code control of my development group’s changes to our vendor’s code base.

The vendor indicates that integration to the application’s code base is done through the use of a Microsoft C API called "SCC C API" (Source Code Control C API) provided by Microsoft.

Does Apache Subversion conform to this API?

Thank you.

David Anastasio

Jacobs Technology / ETASS
AFNet OPS Support (ESC/HNID)
3 Eglin Street; Building 1612
Hanscom AFB
DSN: 845-4682  COMM: (781) 225-4682

{Castellano/Spanish} Aviso de exenci�n de responsabilidad:
Toda la informaci�n y los adjuntos en este mensaje es confidencial y privilegiada. Solamente los destinatarios est�n autorizados para usar esta informaci�n. Las transmisiones de correos electr�nicos no est�n garantizadas y no son seguras o libres de errores y la empresa no acepta responsabilidad por error u omisiones. La empresa no acepta ninguna responsabilidad con respecto a cualquier comunicaci�n que haya sido emitida incumpliendo nuestra pol�tica de e-mail.
Reportar cualquier uso indebido de correo a: abuse@cmgm.com.ve
Cumplimos con el RFC 2142 (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2142.txt)

{English/Ingl�s} E-mail disclaimer:
All information in this message and attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. Only intended recipients are authorized to use it. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error free and sender does not accept liability for such errors or omissions. The company will not accept any liability in respect of such communication that violates our e-Mail Policy.
Report any abuse to: abuse@cmgm.com.ve
We are RFC 2142 compliant (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2142.txt)