Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2018/02/07 13:32:56 UTC

OFBiz Documentation Team Volunteers Needed

Hi Everyone

(Trying again as my first post didn't reach this list)

If you have read the latest project blog post then you will have seen a section about the discussions that have been happening on our development list about the new proposed OFBiz documentation framework.

https://s.apache.org/VfxE

It is based on asciidoc and will be able to generate documentation in various formats. This means that we can start to consolidate our OFBiz documentation within OFBiz itself and adapt it to any new releases.

Feedback to the proposal have been very positive and once the code is moved into our current trunk we will need to start some documentation work. We will be looking for volunteers to become part of a documentation team that will work on reviewing the documents we already have in the wiki and other sources, then help to re-structure them to fit into the new documentation framework model.

Being involved with documentation is a good way to learn OFBiz :-)

So if you are interested in being part of the OFBiz documentation team then please respond to this message and I will add you to the list.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: OFBiz Documentation Team Volunteers Needed

Posted by Swapnil Mane <sw...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks for the updates Sharan, please count me in.

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
www.hotwaxsystems.com

Posted by Arthur Marquez <ar...@gmail.com>.
Sharan,
I'm uncertain how I wold be able to contribute. However, I'm deeply
curious, so place me in the queue!

Arthur

*Arthur Marquez*

*1-701-872-4471 : Office*
*1-818-919-5452 : Mobile*

*Farmers Union Oil Company of Beach ND*
*Farmers Union Propane, C3H8*
*90 NE 1st St.*
*Beach ND 58621*

*http://www.cenexofbeach.com/ <http://www.cenexofbeach.com/>*

Posted by deepak nigam <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharan,

Please consider me in.

Thanks & Regard
--
Deepak Nigam

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I agree, actually as experience learned us, to create a good documentation is more a question of structuring the documentation to avoid what we have
now in Confluence: a mess with a lot of obsolete (or hard to tell) pages :D

By using asciidoc, a version control tools to have the documentation as OFBiz code it should be easier to avoid that.

I note though that it's all about reviewing, it was already possible in Confluence but it did not work because it was harder to follow, organise and
structure.

I think we already agreed about using Confluence as less as possible. Mostly for important generic points like Guides, FAQ, Tutos, etc.

In Confluence we can also import data from svn, it's already used for some specific stuff like Gradle.

I use https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/tools/updateWiki.bat for that, not sure it's the best way, but for now it helps. The basic idea is to
have a SPOF (ie only one place for the source).

So we could for instance migrate, after cleaning and deleting a lot, the important Confluence content to keep in a main documentation sub-dir (under
OFBiz root) under a format or another and render it automatically in HTML format to import into Confluence

I read that some projects use o want to use BuibBot/Jenkins and https://jekyllrb.com/ for doing somehow that

Just an idea...

Jacques

--

Jacques Le Roux
400E Chemin de la Mouline

Re: OFBiz Documentation Team Volunteers Needed

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I just stumbled upon https://blogs.gnome.org/pmkovar/2015/10/27/converting-docbook-into-asciidoc/ which is a bit old but seems to say that docbookrx
is more powerful

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Posted by Olivier Heintz <ho...@ofbizextra.org>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Sharan,

Posted by Olivier Heintz <ho...@ofbizextra.org>.
Hi Sharan,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sharan, All,

Some time ago I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9423

Not sure if we want use it in this context or if we have another new Jira more appropriate and then I close OFBIZ-9423 which is maybe too much and
confusing. I was more advocating update wiki documentation from source then.

Jacques

Posted by Piotr Walesiak <pw...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Not sure whether i can help much since i'm quite new to OFBiz. However
count me in, pls.

P.

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwax.co>.
Hi Sharan,

Please count me in.

Best regards,

Pranay Pandey
www.hotwax.co

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Sharan,

Please count me in.

Best regards,

Pranay Pandey
www.hotwaxsystems.com

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Sharan,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Exactly, thanks for your efforts Sharan :)

Jacques

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sharan, Taher, All,

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Taher

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharan, all

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it>.
Hi Sharan,

--
Giulio Speri

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Antonio Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 334/3779851

www.mpstyle.it

Re: OFBiz Documentation Team Volunteers Needed

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Contributors

Posted by Tarun Thakur <ta...@karyonsolutions.com>.
Hello Sharan,

Want to join in too. Don't have that much of OFBiz experience but can be
helpful with my Oracle POS & Retail knowledge here. Please consider my
request.

*Thanks & Regards*,
[image: Inline image 2]
*Tarun Singh Thakur *| *Business Development Representative*
Mobile: +91-8826544218
www.*karyonsolutions*.com | *Building the Nucleus*

Posted by Akash Jain <ak...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Sharan,