Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Robert Matthews <rm...@nakedobjects.org> on 2010/10/20 01:44:14 UTC

Compile dependencies and goals

Hi

We have just been accepted into the Maven Incubator with our Isis
project. As part of setting thing up we have been instructed to parent
our parent pom with the apache artifact.  Having done this I have
noticed an odd behaviour.  In the past I have been able to clear out the
local repository and run mvn clean compile in our project and it would
compile all the code.  All the dependent modules within our own project
were referenced via the class directories as there were no jars to call
on from the local repo. (I am using Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777;
2009-08-06 20:16:01+0100), on Java version 1.6.0_11 running 64bit Linux.)

With the new configuration mvn clean compile now fails while trying to
find test dependencies, although it still succeeds in finding the source
dependencies.  Two things here: 1) why does the old setup only run the
compile and not also the testCompile goals; and 2) why is Maven able to
deal with the dependencies for the source compiled code but not for the
test compiled code.

There has been a thread about this on our mailing list which I shall
refer you to for more information, see
http://www.mail-archive.com/isis-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00255.htm.

Thanks in anticipation.

Robert Matthews