Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitry Melnichuk <dm...@nobitlost.com> on 2019/02/19 05:14:35 UTC

Best effort affinity: NPE on topology version check

Igniters,

I am currently trying to teach my thin client (pyignite) a new trick
called “Best effort affinity”.

I have been told that this feature is being implemented in the private
branch [1], so I checked it out, built it, and gave it a go.

The handshake goes as expected, I have actually managed to read the
node UUID. But on any subsequent request the server disconnects and
shows the following on its console:

[ERROR][client-connector-#60][ClientListenerNioListener] Failed to
process client request [
req=o.a.i.i.processors.platform.client.cache.ClientCacheGetOrCreateWithNameRequest@43e45ce3
]
java.lang.NullPointerException

The full dump is in attachment.

Since I am not authorized to create an issue in the repository I was
using, I have to address my question to this list. If anybody involved
in server-side implementation of best effort affinity is reading this,
please tell me am I doing something wrong, or it is an actual bug? How
can this issue be resolved?

[1] https://github.com/gridgain/apache-ignite/tree/ignite-iep23

Re: Best effort affinity: NPE on topology version check

Posted by Dmitry Melnichuk <dm...@nobitlost.com>.
Igor,

Thank you! It helped. I adapted my code to the new protocol, so my
tests are passing.

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.