Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/04 17:27:18 UTC

Should we target the next Synapse release this April

Hi All,

Since we have done bug fixes and a few improvements, I wonder if we should
do a Synapse release this April. As a post release task we should also look
into using github actions to automate the steps in the release process. In
fact, we wanted to do a release last year but unfortunately we couldn't
proceed.

Anyway, I would like to hear from the community as well.

Thanks,
Shafreen

Re: Should we target the next Synapse release this April

Posted by shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

We are hoping to code freeze today EOD.

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nuwan and Isuru,

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shafreen,

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shafreen,

wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Was away due to medical reasons. I can contribute to the release if others
> are interested.
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 12:56 AM Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Shafreen,
>> kind follow-up on this.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 10:57 PM shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Since we have done bug fixes and a few improvements, I wonder if we
>>> should do a Synapse release this April. As a post release task we should
>>> also look into using github actions to automate the steps in the release
>>> process. In fact, we wanted to do a release last year but unfortunately we
>>> couldn't proceed.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I would like to hear from the community as well.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Shafreen
>>>

>> --
>> *Nuwan Jayawardene*
>> Assistant Lecturer, Informatics Institute of Technology (IIT).
>> Research Assistant, University of Moratuwa
>>
>> https://www.linkedin.com/m/in/nuwanjaya
>>
>> --
*Nuwan Jayawardene*

Posted by shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shafreen,

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shafreen,

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 9:13 PM shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
>
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 8:49 PM Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, still wasn't able to Shafreen.
>> Waiting for some suggestions from @Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com> about
>> the implementation 😅
>>
>> And there are some additional pending, although noncritical, PRs as well.
>>

> Any thoughts? Should we include those for the next release ?

I will review and merge this.

>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 8:17 PM shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Nuwan,

>>> Did you merge these changes ?

>> --
>> *Nuwan Jayawardene*
>> Assistant Lecturer, Informatics Institute of Technology (IIT).
>> Research Assistant, University of Moratuwa
>>
>> https://www.linkedin.com/m/in/nuwanjaya

--
*Isuru Udana*
Associate Director / Architect
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com

Posted by shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Isuru,

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shafreen,
changes have been merged
https://github.com/apache/synapse/pull/55

Would like to help out with new release when possible.
Regards

Posted by shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nuwan,

Posted by shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

We've been working on a document to capture the release process steps. Do
let us know if there are any missing steps. We will soon start the release
process.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gg2jfGQOCc3WlGZg1YnjjsTV8p9Ybeb0naq7Zjyx7b4/edit?usp=sharing

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shafreen,

Posted by shafreen anfar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nuwan,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 6:11 PM Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shafreen,
> I'm currently working on some functionality brought forward from the GSoC
> 2021 project.
> There's still some more work to do on that, however, in addition to that,
> I'm interested in working on the Github Actions pipeline to
> automate releases, if that's ok.

Let's try to include your functionality as well.

Also, it is great to hear that you are interested in automating the release
process using GitHub actions. Let's explore the possibility of doing so

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.
+1 for doing the release this April.

*; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com>email: isudana@gmail.com
<is...@gmail.com> *

Re: Should we target the next Synapse release this April

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shafreen,