Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daryl Rose <da...@outlook.com> on 2015/02/24 21:31:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.4.10 with openssl 0.9.8j

I'm trying to build Apache 2.4.10 with the system level openssl, which is version 0.9.8j, but I continuously get an error telling me that the version of openssl is to old.  I get to the point where the configuration script is looking for openssl and then it fails.  The message that I receive is:
checking for OpenSSL version >= 0.9.8a... FAILED
I read through the mod_ssl documentation, and it appears to me that 0.9.8 will work, but the configuration continues failing.
My syntax:  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --with-included-apr --enable-ssl
I did put openssl-1.0.1l on the system, and pointed to that install and Apache successfully compiled.  Will Apache 2.4.10 compile with openssl 0.9.8j, or does it require a 1.0.1 level?
Thank you
Daryl

RE: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.4.10 with openssl 0.9.8j